We are hiring a
Working out of our Forest office
Melo LLP in currently searching for a Staff Accountant to join our team in Forest, Ontario. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring CPA. The opportunities and potential for growth at Melo LLP are significant.
Our team of experienced and passionate professionals are located across six offices throughout Southwestern Ontario, growing to deliver our clients the ultimate first-class experience.
We are a mid-market accounting firm with locations in Forest, Leamington, Sarnia, Strathroy, Windsor and Wyoming. We provide audit, accounting, tax and a wide range of business advisory services. We serve clients ranging in size from small owner-managed enterprises to large, privately held organizations in various industries including the agribusiness, real estate, manufacturing and professional services sectors.
- Plan, prepare and execute compilations, review, and audit engagements.
- Prepare financial statements including appropriate note disclosures in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns. Collaborate with client engagement team to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality, and deadlines.
- Work under tight deadlines, delivering quality work, anticipating, and resolving client issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with clients, managers, and partners to provide exceptional client service.
- In the process of attaining Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 2 + years of public practice experience.
- Experience working with Caseware, and Taxprep would be beneficial.
- Task and deadline driven.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to be an integral part of a passionate and exciting team environment.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work and learn.
- Salary based on experience including enrolment in extended health and dental benefit plan.
- Commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Positive working environment and encouragement of a work life balance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- RRSP matching program