Senior Director of Sales Tax
Sean is the Senior Director of Sales Tax at Melo LLP. He has more than 25 years of experience in sales tax, with a specialization in value-added taxes such GST/HST.
Sean provides innovative advisory and planning solutions to eliminate or minimize non-recoverable sales tax. His vast and comprehensive knowledge of sales tax matters supports the sound advice and proactive approach he takes with client issues.
His expertise lies in tax planning and implementation of tax recovery models for corporations and non-profit organizations. Sean previously worked for national accounting firms in New Zealand, Australia and Canada where he gained extensive experience in cross-border transactions as well as providing advice to clients in the mining, pharmaceutical and tourism industries.
Sean also has extensive experience dealing with cross-border commodity tax issues and negotiating with tax authorities regarding sales tax audits. He is a trusted advisor who works with clients across a variety of industries in the private and public sectors.
- In-depth GST/HST I & II, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- GST/HST & financial services, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- PST course, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- Certificate of Income Tax In-Depth Course, Auckland Institute of Technology
- Real estate
- Medical, legal and other professional services
- Charities / non-profit organizations
- Schools / hospitals
- Computer software / IT
- Retail and wholesale
- Canadian sales taxes
- Quebec Sales Tax
- British Columbia PST
- Saskatchewan PST
- Manitoba RST
- Carbon Tax