We are hiring a
Commercial Construction Estimator
Working for one of our clients in the Chatham-Kent region.
Melo LLP is currently searching for a Commercial Construction Estimator for one of our clients located in the Chatham-Kent area. The ideal candidate will play a critical role in construction projects by providing accurate and competitive cost estimates.
The primary responsibilities will be to analyze project plans, specifications, and other documents to determine the materials, labour, and equipment required, ultimately helping the company secure profitable construction contracts.
- Project Analysis: Review drawings, project specifications, and other relevant documents to understand project scope, requirements, and constraints.
- Cost Estimation: Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimates for commercial construction projects, including material quantities, labor hours, and equipment costs.
- Vendor and Subcontractor Relations: Solicit and evaluate bids from suppliers, subcontractors, and other potential project partners. Negotiate pricing and terms to ensure competitive advantage.
- Budget Development: Collaborate with the project management team to develop project budgets, including cost breakdowns and cash flow projections.
- Value Engineering: Identify cost-saving opportunities through value engineering and alternative materials or methods while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Risk Assessment: Analyze project risks and uncertainties, such as market conditions, labor availability, and potential changes in scope. Develop strategies to mitigate risks and manage uncertainties.
- Cost Tracking: Monitor and update cost estimates throughout the project lifecycle to ensure accurate budget management and cost control.
- Bid Preparation: Prepare comprehensive and competitive bid proposals for clients and owners. Ensure that bids are submitted on time and meet all project requirements.
- Client Interaction: Communicate with clients, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to clarify project details, address inquiries, and negotiate changes when necessary.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends, material costs, and labor rates to maintain competitiveness in bidding and estimating.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and organized records of project estimates, bids, and related documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Proven experience as a construction estimator, particularly in commercial construction projects.
- Proficiency in estimating software and tools
- Strong understanding of construction methods, materials, and building codes.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Familiarity with project management principles is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Benefit package along with company car, cell phone and expense card.
- A collaborative and dynamic work environment.