We are hiring a
Senior Staff Accountant / Manager
Working out of our Strathroy office
We’re hiring a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team in our Strathroy office. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring or newly designated CPA, focusing on audit and assurance.
Our team of experienced and passionate professionals are located across six offices throughout Southwestern Ontario, growing to deliver our clients the ultimate first-class experience.
We are a mid-market accounting firm with locations in Forest, Leamington, Sarnia, Strathroy, Windsor and Wyoming. We provide audit, accounting, tax and a wide range of business advisory services. We serve clients ranging in size from small owner-managed enterprises to large, privately held organizations in various industries including the agribusiness, real estate, manufacturing and professional services sectors.
- Plan, prepare and execute compilations, review and audit engagements.
- Prepare financial statements including appropriate note disclosures in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns. Collaborate with client engagement team to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality, and deadlines.
- Work under tight deadlines, delivering quality work, anticipating and resolving client issues in a timely manner.
- Mentor and train junior staff and invest in the professional development of the team.
- Work closely with clients, managers and partners to provide exceptional client service.
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or in progress of attaining designation.
- 2 + years of public practice experience.
- Experience working with Caseware, Taxprep, Quickbooks and Sage Accounting is beneficial.
- Task and deadline driven.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to be an integral part of a passionate and exciting team environment. Positive attitude and willingness to work and learn.
- We are an excellent training ground for aspiring and newly designated CPAs offering a variety of clients and tasks to help you become a well-rounded Accountant.
- We focus on your professional development and offer advancement opportunities within the firm.
- Unlike bigger firms, you have an opportunity to work with a variety of mentors, from fellow Senior Staff Accountants to Managers and Partners. Helping you succeed is our number 1 priority!
- Commitment to helping you financially achieve your CPA. We offer reimbursement for all CPA required courses, including exam fees, enrollment fees, prep courses and travel fees.