We are hiring a
Senior Staff Accountant / Manager
Working out of our Forest office
We’re hiring a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team in our Forest office. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring or newly designated CPA to work in a growing accounting Firm.
Our team of experienced and passionate professionals are located across six offices throughout Southwestern Ontario, growing to deliver our clients the ultimate first-class experience.
We are a mid-market accounting firm with locations in Forest, Leamington, Sarnia, Strathroy, Windsor and Wyoming. We provide audit, accounting, tax and a wide range of business advisory services. We serve clients ranging in size from small owner-managed enterprises to large, privately held organizations in various industries including the agribusiness, real estate, manufacturing and professional services sectors.
- Plan, prepare and execute compilations, review and audit engagements.
- Prepare financial statements including appropriate note disclosures in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
- Prepare personal and corporate tax returns. Collaborate with client engagement team to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality, and deadlines.
- Work under tight deadlines, delivering quality work, anticipating and resolving client issues in a timely manner.
- Mentor and train junior staff and invest in the professional development of the team.
- Work closely with clients, managers and partners to provide exceptional client service.
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or in progress of attaining designation.
- 2 + years of public practice experience.
- Experience working with Caseware, Taxprep, Quickbooks and Sage Accounting is beneficial.
- Task and deadline driven.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Desire to be an integral part of a passionate and exciting team environment. Positive attitude and willingness to work and learn.
- We are an excellent training ground for aspiring and newly designated CPAs offering a variety of clients and tasks to help you become a well-rounded Accountant.
- We focus on your professional development and offer advancement opportunities within the firm.
- Unlike bigger firms, you have an opportunity to work with a variety of mentors, from fellow Senior Staff Accountants to Managers and Partners. Helping you succeed is our number 1 priority!
- Commitment to helping you financially achieve your CPA. We offer reimbursement for all CPA required courses, including exam fees, enrollment fees, prep courses and travel fees.