We are hiring a
Senior Estate and Trust Tax Manager
Working for one of our clients in Troy, Michigan.
Melo LLP is currently looking for a Senior Estate and Trust Tax Manager for one of our clients located in Troy, Michigan. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of estate and trust tax compliance and planning for high-net-worth individuals, families, and organizations. You will work closely with clients, partners, and a team of tax professionals to ensure tax efficiency and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Act as the primary point of contact for high-net-worth clients.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships by providing expert tax advice and guidance.
- Understand clients' financial goals and develop customized estate and trust tax strategies.
- Prepare and review complex estate and trust tax returns (Form 1041 and related forms).
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all required tax documents.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance and maximize tax savings for clients.
- Identify and implement tax-saving opportunities for clients, including wealth transfer strategies, gifting, and charitable giving.
- Analyze financial statements and estate plans to provide proactive tax planning advice.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in tax laws and regulations that may impact clients' tax liability.
- Supervise and mentor junior tax professionals, providing guidance and training.
- Manage workflow and delegate tasks to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide feedback to team members.
- Review and assess estate and trust documents to identify potential tax issues or liabilities.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Educate clients on estate and trust tax implications and strategies.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on relevant tax topics to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate records of all estate and trust tax-related activities.
- Prepare detailed reports and documentation for clients and internal use.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) designation is required.
- Significant experience in estate and trust tax planning and compliance, preferably with a CPA firm or financial advisory firm.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state estate and trust tax laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Salary based on experience
- Benefit Package