We are hiring a
Working for one of our clients in the Essex County area
Melo LLP is currently searching for an Agronomy Technician for one of our clients in the Essex County area. The ideal candidate would bring several years of agricultural experience.
- Develop working relationships with contracted growers, harvesters, and agricultural service providers.
- Collect grower and vegetable crop data, complete reports, and update grower and crop databases.
- Establish, coordinate, and monitor vegetable production programs and crop research trials.
- Develop and implement planting schedules and sequencing.
- Make crop protection product recommendations for weeks, insects, and disease control.
- Ensure crops are harvested at optimum maturity and delivered on schedule.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of harvesting contractors and carriers relative to the needs of the production facility.
- Maintain a close link between field and processing operation.
- Regional management of growers, fields, crops.
- Post-secondary education in agriculture.
- Demonstrated experience in agronomy, nutrient management, and crop protection.
- Agronomic certification is an asset.
- Food processing background is an asset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Salary based on experience along with annual bonus program
- Benefit package
- Company cell phone and vehicle
- RSP with employer contribution